[FFmpeg-user] Create slideshow with ffmpeg from still images

Andy Civil andycivil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 07:06:00 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-31 12:20 AM, thljcl wrote:
> Is this tool from http://bit.ly/159uJ2e what you are referring to?

I very much doubt it; I think James was trying to impress us with a 'short'
answer, and wasn't specific enough with his recommendation!

I'm guessing that the one he was referring to is this one:
http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page

It is indeed free, and looks interesting. It's also Linux only; I can't complain
about that because I approve of trying to migrate to Linux - but to be honest
all my photos and stuff are on a Windows computer so I'd prefer a windows tool,
at least for now.

Also, I note that the dvd-slideshow can do things like the Ken Burns effect.
This is very nice for presentation, but obviously kills any idea of saving data
by having a whole string of "repeat last image" tokens (or whatever you call them).

The bottom line is, I'm interested in your method - I just have to update my 7z
so that I can uncompress your job files - LOL - but honestly, most people will
be less infatuated with data rate efficiency, and will enjoy that dvd-slideshow
program.

P.S. I don't know why you use bit.ly so much, it's OK but I prefer to know where
I'm going... I discovered that you can PREVIEW a bit.ly link by adding a simple
"+" sign at the end; I'm sharing this gem for others' interest.

--
Andy