[FFmpeg-user] Compilation guides

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Jun 6 20:41:46 CEST 2013

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 22:49:39 -0500
Wayne Patterson <suprsidr at flashyourweb.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the super useful ubuntu compilation guide has recently been
> updated.
> https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide
> Unfortunately the qt-faststart section was removed.
> This was the only place I saw the correct usage of '-movflags faststart'
> and I think it should be preserved.
>
> -s

I removed the qt-faststart section because I wanted to make the guide
less verbose. I just added this information to the FFmpeg and x264
Encoding guide since I think that is a more appropriate place:

<https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/x264EncodingGuide#faststartforwebvideo>

Note that this is a wiki, and any registered user can contribute (but I
or others may edit, add to, or delete revisions).

Lou