[FFmpeg-user] Sony XAVC transcoding

Wayne Poll WPoll at nhnz.tv
Wed Jun 19 11:29:25 CEST 2013

Thanks for your comments, Carl.

I'm not sure what the merge will achieve; I need to get 8 discrete mono tracks in the QT, ready for import into further processing and editing systems.

The footage may not always have 8 tracks; in fact it would be rare to have this many. But as the field use of the cameras generating the footage varies from shoot to shoot, the is no way to predict what any MXF will contain (in terms of used audio tracks), so we have to process all, assuming they are all important.

I will read up some more on the mege option, as I clearly missed the point of using it. :-)

Many thanks...

Wayne Poll | Technical & IT Systems Manager |
NHNZ | 5 Melville Street, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand

Sent from my iPhone.