[FFmpeg-user] Looking for an HDMI/Component Capture Card

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:07:27 CEST 2013

>A Blackmagic Intensity will do this. You'll need an Intensity Pro if you
want component as well as HDMI.
> These come as PCIe cards as well as Thunderbolt and USB 3 devices. I know
that there are Linux drivers
> for most of Blackmagic's products but as ever with linux it's not very
clear what's supported and how, on what distros it's likely to work, etc.

I would go for Viewcast if you want automated solutions. Black Magic has
the name, but connecting to opensource products like VLC/FFMpeg Viewcast is
a much better deal. Also their support is much better. Linux and capturing
analogue (V4Linux) is still very trick or only PAL (25fps). There seem to
be some Linux drivers out there for some type of Viewcast cards. Haven't
found the time to try them out. :(