[FFmpeg-user] problem with make while attempting to build git clone of ffmpeg on OS X 10.6.8

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 4 01:09:01 CET 2013

Paul Sturbaum <psturbs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for helping me and I certainly don't mind helping
> you out.  Any other commands you want to test out I'd
> be happy to run them.

Other people ran tests meanwhile, but could you just confirm
that the following is correct?
You have an iconv library in /usr/lib:
$ ls -l /usr/lib/libiconv*
You have a second iconv library in /opt/local/lib:
$ ls -l /opt/local/lib/libiconv*

Do they disagree about their symbols?
$ nm /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib |grep iconv_open
$ nm /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib|grep iconv_open

Do both contain "libiconv_open" but only one of them
"iconv_open" ?

(You may have to replace "libiconv.2.dylib" by the
largest file that above ls commands show.)

Thank you, Carl Eugen