[FFmpeg-user] libvo_aacenc is not available

Jabba Laci jabba.laci at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 21:39:38 CET 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

> than the native FFmpeg AAC encoder. There are better alternatives
> available that ffmpeg supports; especially since you compiled ffmpeg and
> can choose any supported encoder.

Could you please tell me which audio codecs to use?

(1) If I use the static build from the FFmpeg site

(2) If I build FFmpeg on Ubuntu as described on the home page

Please give me some alternatives for both cases in decreasing order:
first list the "best" codec(s), and so on.

Do I guess correctly that libfaac is a good choice (if I built a
non-free version)?

Thank you,

Laszlo