[FFmpeg-user] Convert a series of SGI images to video

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Mar 6 12:58:24 CET 2013

On 03/01/2013 12:31 PM, Werner Robitza wrote:
> I'm trying to create one video file out of a number of SGI images,
> specifically the SVT High Definition Multi Format Test Set.
>
> ftp://anonymous@vqeg.its.bldrdoc.gov/HDTV/SVT_MultiFormat

I am using the exact same SGI image sequences as input for testing, so
for the sake of completeness, I'll post the commandline I've used, here too:

The general command would be:
"ffmpeg -f image2 -start_number $START_NUMBER -i %05d.sgi -an -f $FORMAT
-vcodec $VCODEC -g 1 -pix_fmt $PIX_FMT $OUTPUT_VIDEO"

There's a forum entry describing the actual commands used for generating
YUV and RGB output of the SVT collection:
http://www.das-werkstatt.com/forum/werkstatt/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1983&p=3782

Additionally, I've put the framemd5 checksums of different pix_fmt
variations online for verification:
http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/mthk/testvideos/framemd5/

I haven't had the time to verify that output matches the source, but
both checksums are in there, so...

If you happen to be able to suggest a proper output format for storing
>8 bits-per-components uncompressed in an interoperable container/codec
combination supported by ffmpeg, I'd be happy to hear from you :)

Regards,
Peter B.