[FFmpeg-user] XVID-Encoding with ffmpeg

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Mar 7 08:00:00 CET 2013

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:55:47 -0900
Lou <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:23:08 +0200
> "Francois Visagie" <francois.visagie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I discovered what seems to be a problem with the ffmpeg.org homepage. It
> > gives links for 'documentation' and 'Documentation' - I'd always just gone
> > to the first. It turns out they link to different places. The page linked to
> > by 'Documentation' contains a WEALTH of new information, including the link
> > you sent :-).
>
> Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

...and it is late here so I forgot to mention that "documentation" was
pointing to the ffmpeg command-line specific documentation [1], and not
the project-wide documentation page [2]. So that's the (former)
difference between the links.

[1] http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
[2] http://ffmpeg.org/documentation.html