[FFmpeg-user] http mjpeg stream capture

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 11 09:11:36 CET 2013

faisal k.m.a <faisalkma <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to capture frames from an http URL which
> streams a mjpeg video. My expectation is to get exactly
> 2 frames per second. I used the following command to
> extract frames
>
> ffmpeg -f mjpeg -i <http URL> -r 2 images\image%03d.jpg -t 600

(Note that the command line does not work the way you intend
it to work, output options have to be placed in front of the
output files.)

Complete, uncut console output missing.

I suspect your input cannot deliver frames with a constant
frame rate (you can check with -debug_ts), the image2 muxer
does not support variable frame rate and has to duplicate
> / drop frames to produce cfr output.
(This is of course guessing, console output will tell.)

Carl Eugen