[FFmpeg-user] ffv1.3 memory overflow

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 11 09:21:21 CET 2013

Johann Rekowski <johann.rekowski <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> > "ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 30 -s 1920x1080 -i :0.0 -vcodec ffv1 -strict
> > experimental -level 3 -g 1 -slices 24 -threads 8 output.avi"
>
> Thanks for the help! The line really does work but it
> hits my memory usage to 100% after 1 minute, using my
> swap area which then results in extreme lags.

Please use the current release branch:
$ git checkout origin/release/1.2
(I reproduced your problem and it works with 1.2
which is a few days old.)

FFmpeg is currently in the biggest code transition since
many years and bugs are expected. This is very unusual,
sorry that you were hit by this changes!

Carl Eugen