[FFmpeg-user] ffv1.3 memory overflow

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Mar 11 21:55:38 CET 2013

Le primidi 21 ventôse, an CCXXI, Johann Rekowski a écrit :
>				 utvideo doesn't cause ALSA buffer
> xrun with proper buffer_size and period_size settings, ffv1.3 does
> though, and the more slices I add to it, the more extreme it gets.

You should investigate the source of the problem. I suspect this is related
to CPU usage: I suggest you try encoding from a file and compare the CPU
usage of ffv1.3 and utvideo.

> Since ffv1.3 currently causes a memory overflow in the master
> branch, testing newer changes is impossible right now (at least for
> me). So this'll have to wait.

I posted a patch on the mailing list:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2013-March/140331.html
It may fix your memory consumption problem.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George