[FFmpeg-user] MP4 AAC to ADTS

David Codesido López david.codesido at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 12:03:46 CET 2013

Good morning gentlemen. Here's my question/problem. I'm currently trying to
use libffmpeg to feed audio packages to a hardware decoder. It seems (as
the documentation on this decoder is really poor) that it only accepts AAC
packages on ADTS format.

As I'm demuxing an MP4 my guess is that I need to add the ADTS headers to
the AAC audio packets. While looking through the libffmpeg documentation
I've found a bitstream filter that does exactly the opposite
(aac_adtstoasc) but nothing in the other direction far from two private
functions on adts.c (ff_adts_write_frame_header and
ff_adts_decode_extradata).

Is there a way of doing this at high level or do I have to add the 7 byte
headers to each AVPacket payload "manually"?

Maybe I'm totally wrong with my reasoning, feel free to correct me.

Thanks in advance.

--
Nosce Te Ipsum