[FFmpeg-user] scale overlay video

Liam Condron-Farnos 23liam at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 19 17:33:17 CET 2013

> So the question is: is it possible to get dimensions of different video stream in scale filter?

I don't think that this is possible, at the moment, with ffmpeg. You
could, of course, script it with your language of choice (probably
involving ffprobe). For example, if you have ffprobe and sed, the
following would get you the width of 'input.file':

ffprobe input.file -show_streams -select_streams v | sed -n '/width=/s/.*=//p'

...put it into a variable & do some basic arithmetic on it, and you
should be able to do what you want.