[FFmpeg-user] Unknown VideoCodec: libx264 even libx264 had been installed

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Mar 21 11:41:26 CET 2013

Soho Soho123 <soho123.2012 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> --enable-libx264
> --disable-encoders
> --enable-encoder=h264

configure's output should tell you quite clearly
that this did not work as you expected.
(There is no encoder called "h264", there is one
called "libx264" that gets disabled by
--disable-encoders, if you want it, enable it.)

Allow me to add that I would expect that you first
test with a minimal configure line (that does not
contain any "--disable-" options) and once that
works, you start removing features you don't need.

Carl Eugen