[FFmpeg-user] analyzeduration and probesize

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:48:12 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Young Kim <shadowing71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently encountered something asking me to either increase analyzeduration or probesize in ffmpeg, but the documentation doesn't seem to be very clear at what either of these do. Can someone shed a light on what they do and what the differences are?
>
> Thanks,
> Young Kim

ffmpeg -h full | grep 'analyzeduration\|probesize'

-probesize         <int>        .D.... set probing size (from 32 to INT_MAX)
-analyzeduration   <int>        .D.... specify how many microseconds
are analyzed to probe the input (from 0 to INT_MAX)
-fpsprobesize      <int>        .D.... number of frames used to probe
fps (from -1 to 2.14748e+09)

probesize is in bytes.

Cheers

Tom