[FFmpeg-user] invalid mp4 remux for ps3

SD futurama_fan4321 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 29 14:33:49 CET 2013

MP4 remuxing is broken on ffmpeg, it has been since any version later than
0.5.1

On playback on PS3 it results in video that plays too fast and no audio

versions 0.5.1 or earlier work fine

its a known issue but no-one seems to care...

I have to either use version 0.5.1 which is horribly outdated (no MP3 VBR
and theres a buffer overflow bug that reports a failed conversion even
though it's fine)

or remux FLV > MP4 with ffmpeg, then remux MP4 > MP4 with MP4box which does
create a compliant stream that plays fine. Which is a confounded nuisance.

Just thought I'd mention it for reference sake in case anyone else is
wondering whats going on.