[FFmpeg-user] At total loss on transcoding

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Wed May 1 18:48:09 CEST 2013

It sounds like you want to feed a stream to FFmpeg, transcode it to .mp4
and save it to file.
If that is possible it should not be to hard.
You need to know, location of the stream, like http://radiox.com:80
You need to know destination bitrate for audio and video
Is the source Interlaced or progressive
What is the video codec youy want to use.
And why do you want to transcode it to .mp4?
A lot of mediaplayers can handle transportstreams (.ts)
and also a lot of software video editors

Albert