[FFmpeg-user] AAC conversion from 7.1 channel to 2 channel

rohit a rohit.tvm.86 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 06:08:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

For AAC conversion from 5.1 channels to 2 channels, the equation used in
 surround_to_stereo()  in libavodec/resample.c is

*        l = av_clip_int16(fl + (0.5 * rl) + (0.7 * c));*
*        r = av_clip_int16(fr + (0.5 * rr) + (0.7 * c));*

I was not able to find any algorithms/equations for converting 7.1 channel
to stereo.
Is there any equation for converting 7.1 channel to stereo ?

Regards,
Rohit