[FFmpeg-user] Live Encoding Hardware

Andrew Sinclair ajsinclair at gmail.com
Wed May 8 01:20:35 CEST 2013

As fast as you can afford! Seriously. For a 2Mbps (assuming that is what
you mean by 2MB or do you mean 2MegaBytes?) stream I personally wouldn't
start with less than a 4 core system so you don't run too hot.

I bought some 4 socket 16 core AMD servers and found they were quite
adequate for ffmpeg encoded.