[FFmpeg-user] Playback issues with HLS on Android

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu May 9 19:11:41 CEST 2013

René Calles <me <at> renecalles.de> writes:

> i'm trying to create segmented H.264 video in MPEG-TS
> container with AAC-Audio in Baseline profile. Strangely
> FFmpeg "only" creates "Constrained Baseline" video,
> even when using '-profile baseline' option.

Please note that "Baseline" (may) contains many features
that are not supported by any H264 decoder while
"Constrained Baseline" was defined later to define the
actual Baseline features, as users (decoders) always
expected them.
(FMO, ASO, RS)

Or in other words: "Constrained baseline" is what you
would expect from "Baseline" (which is something else
that you certainly don't want to use).

Carl Eugen