[FFmpeg-user] Playback issues with HLS on Android

me at renecalles.de me at renecalles.de
Fri May 10 11:00:58 CEST 2013

Hi Carl, all,

after some investigation i found a solution which seems kind of weird
but actually is the only option which works.
So, for others who may struggle with the same issue here's a summary:

Works not:
Encode H.264/AAC video and segment it in a single command!!

Works:
Encode H.264/AAC video to MP4 Container, and in separate process, copy
the bitstreams (-c copy), set the bitstream filter (-bsf:v
h264_mp4toannexb) and segment it using (-f segment).

Anyway it would be great why FFmpeg behaves that way as at the end
there are MPEG-TS chunks.

Best
René