[FFmpeg-user] Playback issues with HLS on Android

Fing Cmo fingcmo at gmail.com
Mon May 13 07:14:54 CEST 2013

Walter,

Just to correct and add to the test list.
I tested your HLS test page on the following devices on their Chrome
browsers.
Latest official OS/Firmware versions as of today.

Galaxy Note 2 -------------------- 1st AND 4th video play (No Flash).
Google Nexus 4 (Phone) ----- 1st AND 4th video play (No Flash).
Google Nexus 7 (Tablet) ----- 1st AND 4th video play (No Flash).
iPhone 4 --------------------------- All 4 HTML5 videos play (No Flash).
iPhone 5 --------------------------- All 4 HTML5 videos play (No Flash).
Google TV (Vizio VAP430) - ALL 5 videos play including the flash one.

Note that for Google TV, it plays in spite of your disclaimer:

"*Note:* AddType application/vnd.apple.mpegurl m3u8 #Does not work on
Android

So apparently it works on that Android :)

Thanks,
FC.