[FFmpeg-user] Converting MPEG-2 TS segments into MP4 fragments

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Mon May 13 22:26:06 CEST 2013

2013/5/13 Tom Distler <tom.distler at gmail.com>:

First, use reply action, not a new thread.

>> I guess concat demuxer does what you need.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not looking to concatenate all the segments into a
> single file. I'm looking to generate a 1:1 relationship between seg*.ts ->
> seg*.m4v... i.e. if I have 100 TS segment files, I want 100 MP4 fragment
> files, but all those fragment files to be part of the same "movie" (i.e.
> associated w/ a single 'moov' description).
>
> Ultimately, my goal is generate the following:
>
> seg001.ts -> init.mp4 (w/ 'moov' box) and seg001.m4s ('moof')
> seg002.ts -> seg002.m4s ('moof')
> seg003.ts -> seg003.m4s ('moof')
> etc

I am not sure I fully understand what the feature you need. Looking
fast to available muxer options I didn't find something like that.
If you understand MP4 internal structure well, maybe you could look
inside libavformat/movenc.c to figure out how it behaves and what you
could change.

--
Andrey Utkin