[FFmpeg-user] Strange Audio Rate Issues

Brian Neltner neltnerb at MIT.EDU
Tue May 14 05:31:26 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have tried adding -ar 44100 both before -i pulse, before -acodec
libmp3lame, and both simultaneously. Similarly with 48000. Also the same
issue with ac3 and pcm encoding (although pcm didn't like going into
mp4).

Even stranger because whether I tell it that the input is at 48000,
44100, or 22050, it always pitch shifts down on playback despite
claiming to be at the chosen sample rate.

The only thing I can think of is that it has some hardcoded assumption
about the alsa sample rate that it's trying to then convert in software
without actually checking it on the hardware. I'm going to try to figure
out how to see what the default sample rate is in alsa or something, but
I'm totally unfamiliar with that system.

Brian