[FFmpeg-user] play RTSP steam in web browser

Gabri Shally gabri.ns at gmail.com
Tue May 21 10:14:39 CEST 2013

On May 20, 2013 3:16 PM, "Xu, Tim" <T.Xu at abus-sc.com> wrote:

> Dear folks,
>
> We have an IPCamera, output H.264 RTSP streaming, I’d like to decode and
display its’ stream in different web browsers,
> The vendor provides us an ActiveX control, which can do the job only in
IE browser. I can use ffplay to decode the stream perfectly.
> the questions is how can I build a plugin for other web browsers, such as
Firefox and Chrome based on ffmpeg?

isn't it posible to use FFserver to transode on the fly?
IPcamera → FFserver → client

you can set FFserver to transcode the stream into format that supported by
HTML5 or Flash Player. i've never done this, so sory i can not help you
with how to.