[FFmpeg-user] Guidelines for streaming a live screen capture?

Andrew Sinclair ajsinclair at gmail.com
Fri May 24 07:04:54 CEST 2013

h264 with UDP will be your fastest on a local LAN or managed WAN, if you
want fast startup you will also need to keep your keyframes close.

If pushing out onto a TCP network then go RTSP or RTMP for low latency.
Note that player side buffering is also a big issue for this.

I did some experiments with super low latency HLS for going to Ipad and
could get latency down to about 2 secs but no lower.