[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg accessing gnome-keyring - Am I pwned?

mind builder mindbuilder2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 01:39:35 CEST 2013

I was using ffmpeg to trim a video and it worked but every time I run it the top of the terminal output starts with the error:

"WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /run/user/mindbuilder/keyring-jAd74z/pkcs11: No such file or directory"

Does ffmpeg normally access the gnome-keyring or has my ffmpeg been trojaned to steal my encryption keys or what? I don't see why trimming a video would require access to my keyring.

I'm using ffmpeg version 0.8.6-6:0.8.6-0ubuntu0.12.10.1 under xubuntu 12.10 amd64.
Xubuntu uses the Xfce desktop without gnome and so may not have gnome-keyring installed completely or even partially. But then I don't see why ffmpeg should need it installed at all.