[FFmpeg-user] Analyzeduration

Ibrahim Tachijian barhom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 17:15:36 CET 2013

You say that it is possible to skip analyzing the input in "some cases"
when you know the input codecs. How would this be done? Does anyone know of
any examples?

I have the possibility to ffprobe and save analyzeinformation of a file for
later usage. It would benefit me in this case to for example store the
analyzeinformation in a database so that the next time I need to run ffmpeg
on that particular file I dont need to set any analyzeduration at all and
give ffmpeg all the information it gathers from the analyzation of the file
as parameters.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Ibrahim Tachijian <barhom <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I know it is possible to lower the analyzeduration with
> > the -analyzeduration flag. But I'm wondering if it isnt
> > possible to hardcode the input codec (if you know it)
> > so that it doesnt need to analyze anything.
>
> (Command line and complete, uncut console output missing.)
>
> It is possible in some cases, but for the typical input
> this wouldn't work because the stream has to be analyzed.
>
> Carl Eugen

Ibrahim Tachijian