[FFmpeg-user] Confusion about fieldmatch, decimate and framerate (now with yadif)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 22 02:20:30 CET 2013

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

> The sample you uploaded does not show a 2:3 pattern
> (and no 2:3:3:2 pattern) but a 3:3 pattern.

3:3 is not (technically) correct, a (very) similar
looking output can be produced with the following
filter command: -vf telecine=pattern=32232
This produces 30 fps output from 25 fps input,
matching your description iiuc.

fieldmatch works fine on a sample that I made
myself from tv here, so I suspect there is another
problem using your sample.

Carl Eugen