[FFmpeg-user] Best documentation web site ( or other source )

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sun Nov 24 18:24:55 CET 2013

I wasn't complaining!

I found a workable solution to my particular instance of whatever the
problem is, on my own, BUT the process was haphazard and random and
non-constructive.
The only hard and helpful bit I had to go on was your own observation
that the avi spec and what avi players actually handle differ more than
most other container formats. Thanks!
It led me to try some random remuxings and I found one that produced a
playable file. I still can't remux that back to a new and working avi
file.  But I'm pragmatic.

Still, this will happen again, and I'd REALLY love to have a better
understanding of what could be done.

So my question on documentation is a very real and reasonable one; WHICH
ONES are the CURRENTLY best documentation sites??

My further musings are just as relevant, as an indication of what doc
sites to consider.

P.S.
Had my own random attempts failed I would of course have come back with
much more detail and long test runs with various debug or info reports
or whatever.

As it is; My other question at this moment is; What in my first remux
attempt, where I removed the first audio stream, was it that made the
resulting avi container fail??
Thinking logically I'd say somehow removing the first audio stream took
away some important piece from the resulting avi file. Possibly time
stamps?? Time info was badly confused in all the media players I tried
after that. And possibly more bits disappeared at the same time.

I do understand I cannot reasonably expect anyone on this list to guess
at this from my rather scanty description, but I do think it's
reasonable to expect people to point me at what they think are the best
doc sites.