[FFmpeg-user] Problem recovering MOV recording from SSD

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Mon Nov 25 18:19:17 CET 2013

Hi Jarrod,
It sounds as though the file is truncated and missing the usual mov indexing from the end of the file. If its feasible to access an earlier copy of the file that may work well. Else I've had some luck piping a data stream starting from the offset of the moov atom's data payload into ffmpeg while providing codec, size, and frame rate as input options. The idea here is to pipe the video data stream of the mov into ffmpeg and ignore the broken container format.
Dave Rice