[FFmpeg-user] ffvhuff codec improvement

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Oct 1 23:50:30 CEST 2013

mike <chronek <at> interia.eu> writes:

> > What's wrong with ffv1?
> > (Which produces significantly smaller files iirc.)
>
> For me ffv1 is usable only if i need record in 444p,
> but it is not usable for any editing purpose, cause
> it not operate on single frame (seeking taking too
> long),

I may misunderstand but you can use ffv1 intra-only
(and for some input files, its output will still be
several orders of magnitude smaller than huffyuv).

In any case: Please report your problems with ffv1
in a way that allows developers to reproduce them,
fixes for ffv1 are significantly more likely than
new features for huffyuv (except maybe multi-
threading).

Carl Eugen