[FFmpeg-user] Setting option video_size / progressive / interlaced

billyx billyx at gmx.at
Wed Oct 2 02:21:15 CEST 2013

Hello Carl,

Thanks for your try to support.

I have some kind of video stream encoded by a hardware video encoder. I
assume there are some kind of errors in the video stream (e.g. wrong size
information). The transmission should be without errors.

What I would like to get is corrected video stream with a correct container
and, when possible, without reencoding, because it is not necessary.

And for this goal I try to choose the correct parameters: just copy the
video stream, but set correct framerate and resolution.

If I remove all parameters I get the error: Invalid data found when
processing input
Adding -f h264 I get a video running twice as fast (25 frames/s) as it
should be (12 frames/s) with the half length and with the half height
(704x288 instead of 704x576)
Adding -r 12 I get a video running with the correct speed and the correct
length but with the half height (704x288 instead of 704x576)

I could perhaps make an example if it helps.