[FFmpeg-user] xyz to rgb conversion

SK Cinema senthil at real-image.com
Fri Oct 4 11:32:59 CEST 2013

(The tiff encoder currently does not accept xyz.)
Please provide a tiff sample containing xyz.

Here's a sample of a tiff containing X'Y'Z'. Google Viewer seems unable to
display this tiff correctly so please download and view locally.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1U1rZVj1f7pbXdlZkFucjhTQk0/edit?usp=sharing

Ironically, I made this tiff with an older ffmpeg build (2013-04-18) which
did not yet have the XYZ-RGB conversion! In my understanding, any output
that supports RGB 4:4:4 will be perfectly capable of supporting XYZ because
XYZ is really just a much wider gamut version of RGB where the color
primaries are the absolute values based on which RGB primaries for color
spaces such as Rec.709 are defined.

I also tried to use a custom 3D LUT using the following option:
-vf lut3d=XYZ-sRGB.3dl

But again, this is defeated by the XYZ-RGB conversion happening prior to the
3D LUT being applied, which is not the desired result.

Thanks for looking into this!