[FFmpeg-user] IVTC with pullup filter

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 9 10:05:24 CEST 2013

Elliott Balsley <elliottbalsley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have a source video that's 29.97 with 3:2 pulldown,
> and I want to encode it at 23.98p.  This ffmpeg command
> produces video at 23.98, but with a pattern of 2
> progressive frames followed by 2 interlaced frames.

This bug was fixed by Paul.

> ffmpeg -ss 208 -i NCIS.ts -t 30 -vf "pullup,fps=24000/1001"
> -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 pullup.mkv

Unfortunately, this command line still does not work:
Instead of producing different frames, for every five
(progressive and interlaced) input frames, four
progressive output frames are produced, but only three
different ones: The wrong frame is dropped;-(

The following works fine here for your sample:
ffmpeg -i input -vf pullup -r 24000/1001 out.mkv

Carl Eugen