[FFmpeg-user] Changing DAR ?

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:49:58 CEST 2013

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 17:30:00 -0700
"Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> In message <loom.20131009T001211-883 at post.gmane.org>,
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>
> >Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg <at> tristatelogic.com> writes:
> >
> >> ffmpeg -i foo.avi -acodec copy -vcodec copy -vf setdar=16/9 bar.avi
> >
> >This cannot work: Video filters ("vf") don't work with
> >-vcodec copy.
>
> Ahhhhhhh!!  That is quite obviously the epiphany I was looking for,
> even without knowing it.  Thank you!  That would explain some things.

Change DAR without re-encoding the video seems hasn't implemented in
FFMpeg yet, I read some from list archive, maybe a clue:
[FFmpeg-user] Change aspect ratio of MPEG-PS without re-encoding?
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-August/008742.html

But, maybe you can try other tool, e.g., mplayer mentioned here:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-August/008749.html

Or, mkv tools mentioned in this thread.