[FFmpeg-user] Use cropdetect only every xth frame

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Oct 12 12:32:14 CEST 2013

Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup <at> t-online.de> writes:

> > Complete, uncut console output missing.
> $ ffmpeg -skip_frame nokey -i test.mp4 -filter:v
> select='not(mod(n\,10))',cropdetect -filter:a volumedetect
> -map 0 -f null /dev/null 2>&1 | wc -l
> 9939
>
> Very much ;). See http://pastebin.kde.org/phwvakpgq for
> the complete output or shall I include it in the mail?

Definitely.
It is of course ok to trim the output. The problem is that
at least the first 50 and the last 50 lines are needed,
and that is what nearly everybody cuts, so I have to ask
for "complete, uncut output" (but the "concealing" lines
are of course less important if some of them are still
visible.

Consider testing again without the filters, I cannot
rule out that the filters take longer than the decoding.

After a quick look, I fear that a sample will be needed;-(

While this is probably not the reason for your problem,
you should really fix your configure line, or is that
what Gentoo produces? It honestly looks broken...

Carl Eugen