[FFmpeg-user] Convert avi to swf

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 16 13:23:25 CEST 2013

Andrei Petru Mura <mapandrei <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't know how to play with ffmpeg (probably you mean ffplay).

I meant FFmpeg the project which also contains ffplay.
But the sample also plays fine with the following here:
$ ffmpeg -i geo_vision_format.avi -f sdl -pix_fmt yuv420p 0

> To make mplayer use ffplay I don't know

The following works fine here:
$ mplayer geo_vision_format.avi
(ffplay only supports sdl which is a bad choice, MPlayer
supports OpenGl, XVideo and VDPAU which all should perform
better.)

> I can't play the first one in Linux.

Please provide your command line together with complete,
uncut console output (current git head).

Carl Eugen