[FFmpeg-user] NEVERMIND!!! Re: WTF? Not getting VC-1 output...

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Oct 25 01:52:17 CEST 2013

In message <57668.1382657734 at server1.tristatelogic.com>, I wrote:

>I just tried to re-encode an input test file thusly:
>
>  ffmpeg -i input.wmv -acodec vc1 -acodec copy -b:v 1232k output.wmv

Duh!  I keep on making the same stupid mistake.  I write "-acodec"
when I mean to write "-vcodec".

Sorry.  My bad.   Nevermind!

But now that I've corrected my (stupid) error, I have a different
question.  Now I am getting the error:

   Unknown encoder 'vc1'

However when I run the command:

    ffmpeg -codecs

I get a lot of output, one line of which says:

    D.V.L. vc1                  SMPTE VC-1

So doesn't that indicate that my installed version of ffmpeg should
be able to (re-)encode into VC-1?