[FFmpeg-user] HEVC/h265 codecs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Oct 28 20:33:44 CET 2013

Am 28.10.2013 20:26, schrieb jean-philippe:
> I would like to know if it is planned to integrate HEVC encoder/decoder to the FFMEPG codecs soon.

and why do you believe starting the same thread daily is smart?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [FFmpeg-user] HEVC/h265 codecs
Datum: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:09:21 +0100
Von: Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
Antwort an: FFmpeg user questions <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
An: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org

Am 27.10.2013 22:25, schrieb jean-philippe:
> I just would like to know if a HEVC decoder (and encoder) will be soon integred to one new release of FFMPEG.

the decoder is already there

the encoder is most likely out of the scope as well as
x264 is used for H264-encoding -> http://x265.org/

ffmpeg version N-57443-ge0b2bdd Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
 D.V.LS hevc                 H.265 / HEVC

-------- Original-Nachricht --------