[FFmpeg-user] Delay of one audio track makes it track played last among others?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Sep 2 10:15:46 CEST 2013

Andrey Aleksandrovich <andrey.aleksandrovich <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> ffmpeg -y -itsoffset 0.33 -i Rus.mp2 -i 1.mpg -vcodec copy
> -acodec copy -map 1:0 -map 0:0 -map 1:1 -f dvd final.vob

> ffmpeg version 1.0.7

Not necessarily related:
This is old.

[...]

> I get the final.vob file with proper delaying and mapping
> (1st Russian, 2nd English) according to mediainfo. But
> 'ffmpeg -i' said that Russian is second and all Players
> show the same (playing video -> first is English).

mpeg program streams do not know the concept of "first"
and "second" stream. If one audio stream has a delay
but another one has not, decoding applications (media
players) may first see the stream without delay.
The only work-around I see is that instead of using
-itsoffset, you add some silence to the beginning of
the audio stream that currently needs delay.

Carl Eugen