[FFmpeg-user] Image extraction broken with ffmpeg, but not with mencoder. How can I fix this?

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 16:33:48 CEST 2013

>> It was generated from my capture card.

>As long as you refuse to show exactly how you generated the corresponding
>AVI file, there is nothing anyone can do for you except guessing irritatedly
>that it has variable frame rate and there is no bug.

I'm not trying to be difficult here.  But I don't understand half the requests
that are made of me.  I really did generate the AVI file from my capture card.
What else should I say?  It uses an app called MediaExpress.  Is that what you wanted?
This generates AVI files which have no inter-frame compression (no mpeg-like codecs)
and no intra-frame compression (it's YUV422).