[FFmpeg-user] xyz to rgb conversion

betonpfeiler betonpfeiler at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 7 23:28:17 CEST 2013

Hello Everyone!

I just found out, that FFmpeg is now capable of converting Videofiles
from xyz to rgb colorspace (
http://www.belle-nuit.com/open-source-dcp-player-proof-of-concept).
First of all: Thanks for that great feature!!

I just tried it and it works automaticly when encoding xyz-jpeg2000
files. The Results are also very pleasing, but still I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to switch the colorconversion off ?(Sometimes we need
to quickly export reference files, in that case we don't care for messed
up colors)

2. What Matrix does FFmpeg uses for the conversion?

Thanks for your help!

Jan