[FFmpeg-user] libavformat, RTSP: periodically read last available frame of live stream

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 17:13:32 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to periodically (say every second) grab the latest frame
from a rtsp live stream of a webcam. I am able to successfully open the
stream and read and decode frames, however if I read one frame every
second, I am still reading subsequent frames (as opposed to frames which
are i.e. one second apart). I guess I need to seek to the last available
frame before reading the next frame. Can anyone point out how this can
be done?

For reference, my code is here: [1] [2].

Thanks for any inputs.

Sandro

[1] http://smani.fedorapeople.org/VideoCapture.hpp
[2] http://smani.fedorapeople.org/VideoCapture.cpp