[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg for quantifying errors / dropped packets

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 22:52:49 CEST 2013

I am testing a DVD stream to several laptops and finding the breaking point.

Unfortunately, up to this point, I've been doing by watching the
screen and I'm hoping to better quantify what's happening in the
background via ffmpeg.

On VLC, I'm running the following command:

vlc.exe dvd:///C:/temp/Cars :sout=#transcode
{vcodec=mp4v,vb=7000,scale=0,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:duplicate{dst=rtp
{dst=239.10.10.10,port=5004,mux=ts,ttl=3},dst=display} :ttl=3
:sout-keep

VLC on the receiving end listens via RTP to this 239.10.10.10 address.

What would be the ffmpeg equivalent to VLC listening?  For simplicity,
I'd like to just run it on one of the laptops and have it listen and
record a data dump while the others listen in VLC.

Rogelio