[FFmpeg-user] xyz to rgb conversion

betonpfeiler betonpfeiler at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 10 01:02:31 CEST 2013

Am 08.09.2013 22:32, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> betonpfeiler <betonpfeiler <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> I just found out, that FFmpeg is now capable of
>> converting Videofiles from xyz to rgb colorspace
> (Since four months.)
>
> [...]
yeah, I kind of wasn't up to date on this one...
>> 1. Is it possible to switch the colorconversion off ?
> This is actually the default, colour space conversion
> only happens if you request it (or if your command line
> requires it), since you did not provide a command line
> (including complete, uncut console output) the question
> is difficult to answer.
Sorry for that, I don't have any testfiles at hand right now (I'm on a
two week holiday...) but will provide a command line + output as soon as
I'm back at work.
I was converting xyz j2k's without any special options (something like:
ffmpeg -r 24 -i <insequence.j2c> -vcodec prores -profile:v 3 -an
<out.mov>) and it seems ffmpeg recognized the xyz-colorspace out of the
metadata and automaticly used the convesion.

Is there any documentation? I couldn't find anything, which parameter is
used to turn the conversion on/off...

>> 2. What Matrix does FFmpeg uses for the conversion?
> Maybe the commit answers your question:
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commitdiff;h=0c47c90
Thanks for the Link! I found what I needed, at least I think so... Still
trying to understand the code... very dense ;)

Thanks for your help!!