[FFmpeg-user] About the command -vcodec

陈立 kidney at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sun Sep 15 04:46:29 CEST 2013

> Unrelated to your question:
> Generally please send actual command lines, not
> command lines that contain variables and if you
> have further questions, please provide the
> complete, uncut console output.
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks again for your fine explanation!

My complete command is

ffmpeg -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 1024x768 -r 30 -i balloons1.yuv -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt uyvy422
 -frames 300 -r 30 balloons1_output.avi

And I tried

ffmpeg -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 1024x768 -r 30 -i balloons1.yuv -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p
 -frames 300 -r 30 balloons1_output.yuv

balloons1.yuv is bit-identical with balloons1_output.yuv. It seems rawvideo will copy the input to the output in my case.

But I tried using copy instead of rawvideo. The error turns out and said "Unknown decoder copy".

Anyway, what I want to make sure is that when I convert YUV video with pix_fmt=yuv420p into AVI video with pix_fmt=uyvy422,

Y would remain the same in the AVI container and U and V would be interpolated, and I am trying to find what the interpolation filter is.

So first I tried "rawvideo" but had to make sure that Y would remain the same when I move them from YUV video into AVI video.

But then I happened to see "copy" and is worried about whether I am using wrongly with "rawvideo".

This is the reason why I posted here.

--
Best Regards

Aaron Chen
EEIS at University of Science and Technology of China
+86-15556966293