[FFmpeg-user] xyz to rgb conversion

SK Cinema senthil at real-image.com
Fri Sep 27 11:11:38 CEST 2013

>You misunderstand:
>The FFmpeg prores encoder does not care about
>colourinformation, RGB colourspace or bits.
>It needs input data in YUVx4xxP10 (pix_fmts defined
>within FFmpeg), nothing else can be read. If your
>input data is in another format, ffmpeg (the
>application) will automatically insert a conversion
>filter (the scale filter).

I too am in need of raw XYZ output from a DCI MXF and I tested output to a
TIFF file since that would allow for XYZ colour space without the need to
convert to Rec.709 RGB. However, the output TIF seems to always be RGB
Rec.709.

Is there any way to disable the automatic conversion from XYZ to RGB when
decoding JPEG2000?

The command line I used was:
ffmpeg -i videofile.MXF -pix_fmt xyz12le -f image2 -vframes 1 output.tiff

The output.tiff is in RGB Rec.709.

I used the Sep 18 ffmpeg build.

Thanks anyone that can help!