[FFmpeg-user] Mixed Telecine & Interlaced

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 16:43:07 CEST 2014

> On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 10:33 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> > Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>  So "-vf
> pullup,dejudder,idet,yadif=mode=1:deint=interlaced,fps=60000/1001"
>>  is the way to go?
>
> I had the feeling that idet is simply not made for this
> task (I think you can see where it incorrectly invokes
> the deinterlacer). Did you try fieldmatch?
>
> Carl Eugen

IIRC fieldmatch isn't useful for partially telecined material, since it requires decimate which doesn't know to kill only the fieldmatch-produced extra frame. You either end up with extra frames in the telecined sections or drop useful frames in the non-telecined sections. What filter chain are you suggesting?

-Nick