[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg -ss start-time issue

richard heade richard.heade at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:19:42 CEST 2014

I have tried a number of variations on generating timestamps on the
video, like

ffmpeg -i HiDef.mpg -vf
drawtext="fontfile=/usr/share/fonts/truetype/DejaVuSans.ttf: \
                                text='\%T %D': x=10: y=10: fontsize=24:
fontcolor=white" \
                                                        -vcodec copy
-acodec copy xgen_white.mp4

(I also tried "fontcolor=black")

and

ffmpeg -i HiDef.mpg -vf
"drawtext=fontsize=18:fontfile=/usr/share/fonts/truetype/DejaVuSansMono-Bold.ttf:
\
    box=1:text='%T %D':x=(w-text_w-5):y=(h-text_h-5)" -vcodec copy
-acodec copy timestamp.avi

and I haven't been able to detect any timestamps on the video.